|ARE YOU LOOKING TO PURCHASE A BOXER
NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE??
If so, then the Boxer Association of Victoria maybe of assistance by providing you
with this list of checkpoints to look for when purchasing a puppy. .......
PUPPY BUYERS GUIDE
When you come to collect your pup you should receive a Puppy Packet which should contain.......
- The parents of puppies offered for sale should have been
heart checked and tested heart murmur free in compliance with the Boxer
Association HEART SCREENING PROGRAM! (Ask to see the form.)
- The puppies should look plump and healthy, with loose pliable skin, clear eyes, loose coat (pull up the skin on the pups back to see if it very loose). Healthy pups at around 6-8 weeks should have a "toasty" smell and fresh breath.
- The enviroment where puppies are a kept is clean and comfortable.
- The mother has a very good temperament, playful and gay, not shy or aggressive and looks in good condition (Bear in mind she may be a little thin and her coat may be sparse as she has just gone through feeding and rearing this litter)
- Check that your puppy of choice will come to you when called, and is outgoing, friendly and playful (.... when fully awake as pups can be drowsy if just awakened) and is not timid or cower in a corner.
- All puppies must have been vet checked and received their first vaccination, and not leave their mother for their new home before
a minumum of 8 weeks of age. A pup that leaves earlier has not had time to fully socialise with its siblings and develop a pack instinct, and may become dog aggressive as it grows.
WE KNOW YOUR BOXER WILL BRING MUCH JOY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IF PURCHASED FROM A BREEDER WHO IS DEDICATED TO BREEDING A HEALTHY, QUALITY BOXER AND IF YOU DO YOUR PART IN RAISING AND TRAINING IT CORRECTLY!
- DIET SHEET- it is most important for the welfare of your pup that he has the correct diet to help him grow and stay healthy for life.
- Advice sheet on how to care for your pup when you get home.... correct housing, worming program, training.
- Puppy's Pedigree Registration Papers - (Both papers must be signed and dated on the reverse.)
- either Full registration if you are showing and/or breeding,
- or Limited Registration if you are wanting a pet only (Obedience and Agility dogs only need Limited Registration papers)
- Boxer and DOGS VICTORIA Membership Application Form
- Certificate of Innoculation
- A guarantee of continued service to you and your pup.
NB: The Boxer Assocation of Victoria Inc. takes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any sale as this is a
private treaty between the breeder and the purchaser and does not involve the
Boxer Association of Victoria Inc.